Learning how to...

Learning how to..."Be joyful always; pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Quiet House tonight...

The kids are spending the night with my parents tonight...they have been great to watch them as I complete my teacher workdays! So-- I get a little time to write before bed.
I am excited about summer- there are a lot of little projects I want to get done around the house. My type A personality has found it very hard to come home and see things that need to be done and just not be able to do them...I know that in the scheme of things these little jobs do not matter at all, but I'm excited that I can (hopefully) begin checking things off my "to do" list!
Another thing I am excited about is READING!! I have made time to read a few things while I've been working. One book I highly recommend is Heaven is For Real. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical at first about a little boy getting a glimpse of heaven, but WOW- I truly believe he really did. Just a wonderful read that gives a taste of what heaven is going to be like- and a reminder that "anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a child will never enter it." (Mark 10:15) Read it- you'll love it!!

Sarah Claire will be dancing this summer. She loves to dance and I hope she always does...
These are pictures of her recital this year. Her class was "Valentine's Day". I am glad that she loves it so much- maybe part of it is because she is able to see her friends. She also looks forward to the costume and the recital (and of course, the make-up)!

I plan on keeping Blaine active this summer which is not hard to do. He really loves being outside. The combination of being active and outside is probably why P.E. was his favorite subject this year. (Isn't it every 1st grade boys favorite?) Here are a few pictures of his field day which he LOVED...
And of course, I can't leave out Anna Britten (who will most likely be following in her brother's footsteps...)

No comments: