Learning how to...

Learning how to..."Be joyful always; pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


Monday, May 30, 2011

Trying to catch up!

I feel like this post title is the story of my life...even though things around our house are CrAzY at times, I wouldn't trade it for the world! As I write this I am listening to Anna Britten talk and sing herself to sleep (the tunes Happy Birthday and Jingle Bells are coming out over the airways:)- she is becoming such the little girl.

Now to catch us up...
Mark and I celebrated our ten year anniversary the same day Sarah Claire turned five! He and I have been on a journey these years, that will be another blog another day.
We decided to take a trip to Destin over my Spring Break which was a couple of weeks after our anniversary. We stayed at a wonderful Bed and Breakfast in Destin called Henderson Park Inn. As much as I love my kids, it was great to get away for a couple of days.
We spent the days sleeping in, going to a delicious breakfast, bike riding, and then just relaxing on the beach..I actually read the Hunger Games series while there-almost three whole books! It was nice to just be together and have each other's undivided attention- much needed in our lives right now!
This year Blaine played peanut baseball. What an experience...it was a challenge for him and for Mark (who coached him). As I have said earlier, Blaine likes to know he is going to be able to do something before he jumps in. Well, this was a challenge and it was hard...for him and for us.
We struggled.. and then it clicked...he began connecting with the ball when he was a bat...he began understanding the rules. I was so proud of him- we still have things to learn and skills to practice. It was a good lesson about life- do not give up!
Blaine getting the game ball!
Bebe(Mark's Mom) and the kids after a game going to get flavored ice. That was always the highlight of the night!
Our Easter was full of sickness this year. All three came down with a fever virus around Easter and it was not fun. I think one of the most memorable moments of Easter this year was watching our church present "The Promise" to the community. It was amazing and really made me think about Jesus' life here on Earth- how selfless, full of unconditional love, and purpose driven He lived out His days. Just unfathonable to me...
Our church egg hunt- Anna Britten was home with a fever...
Egg hunt at Bebe's
Easter traditions- Bunny Cake and Eggs!
The girls' dresses were made by Mrs. Betty (Mark's mom).
These two are made out of the same mold!!

No comments: