Learning how to...

Learning how to..."Be joyful always; pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


Wednesday, December 7, 2011

CHRISTmas beginnings...

My blogs seem to be spacing themselves out quite a bit lately... I'm really trying to stay on top of things! Life just has a way of moving and before I know it, the next day is here! I have completed my job for the year- I don't go back until the kids go back in January, so I am diving into "Mommy duty" full time for the next few weeks. This includes...a field trip to the Nutcracker with Sarah Claire, a third birthday party for Anna Britten on Saturday, a little friend Christmas party on Sunday with Sarah Claire...next week includes more parties, the kids Christmas program at church, and Christmas activities at school...I am so glad to be able to get to do these things with the kids!

I absolutely LOVE this time of year! I love the way our house looks and smells. I love the lights outside and all around our town. I love the fun get togethers that happen. I love the Christmas clothes that the kids wear (really just the girls this year-). It's so much fun... The one thing I love the most is the REASON behind the SEASON...I Love the fact my kids get excited about adding the one person/thing to our nativity each day! I LOVE ths fact that Anna Britten asks to go to church every single day! I love the fact that my children are singing Silent Night and Away in a Manger throughout the house. I LOVE the fact that Sarah Claire brings the book The Boy With A Wish to me to read almost every night. I LOVE reading the words of Luke 2 to my children and look forward to listening Blaine read it aloud this year. My most favorite time is at night when all of our Christmas lights are on and the house is silent...

"For to us a child is born, to us a Son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders, And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace..." Isaiah 9:6

Christmas around our house...
Our main tree filled with Mark's Auburn ornaments and my Mary Engelbreight...along with the ornaments we collect on our trips.

The kids tree filled with ornaments they have made and the ornaments they get each year from Bebe and Gran.
My Christmas village- I began collecting when Mark and I were engaged.
Our mantle with Santas
Stockings made for us by a sweet family friend.
Our little tree filled with special glass ornaments
Outside candyland tree
The nativity where we add someone/something each day...

A sneak peak of Anna Britten's party theme...


3 comments:

Camille said...

First of all-WOW! Look at all of your Christmas trees! They are so pretty and made me so tired! No kidding! How do you put all of them up and keep track of all the ornaments?
Secondly-the pic above your mantle? SO pretty! Where did you get that picture take and where did you get that dress?! You are sassy little woman!

twinkietotmom said...

All the trees are so festive!

Summer said...

what beautiful trees! We have that exact star we love so very much yet this year it just wouldn't fit on our artifical tree lol...I may try again the star we bought Im just not liking it...now I see yours I really dont lol...your bloggy is so presh...so is your girls! Love Disney! All your decor is gorgeous! We got our first Nutcracker this year...love what ya'll did with yours...Your mantle is gorgeous!!
thanks for sharing!!