Learning how to...

Learning how to..."Be joyful always; pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Birthday America!


Wow- what a weekend...we drove to Huntsville Friday night to attend a family reunion on Mrs. Betty's side. The reunion is held each year in Gurly, AL which is near Huntsville and Guntersville. (Mark and I should know, we missed a turn and drove to Guntersville while trying to get to the reunion!) I ended up getting sick Saturday morning before the reunion which didn't make for the most fun trip. When Mark's Grandmother was living, it was so much fun to watch her interact with her siblings at the reunion. This year, her twin brothers turned 90! The kids enjoyed the water slide while I sat in the shade for most of the time feeling a little loopy from the phenergan I had taken for my nausea!! We drove back to Fairhope Saturday night- quick trip!!

Sunday we traveled down to the beach to spend time with all my Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins on my Mom's side. It has been a while since we had all been together in one room. It was so good to see everyone...
THe kids had a wonderful time playing together...
Wish my Grandaddy McKey could have been here to see all these sweet faces!!

My kids LOVED the "hot pool" as they called it on the balcony!

So on the fourth, we stayed at home and enjoyed being "home"! My parents, Grandmother, sister, brother, and his family came over.
I didn't get a whole lot of pictures...
We ended the night watching the Fairhope fireworks from our car!

No comments: