Learning how to...

Learning how to..."Be joyful always; pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Tooth Fairy Isn't Rich

I took all three to the dentist Monday morning. Everyone got a good report. I asked the hygienist to try and pull one of Blaine's front teeth, it was just hanging there. Well, she came out to give me the report and said they had pulled both! I knew this was going to be interesting when I saw Blaine again. He needs a little preparation before something happens and we had only talked about one of the teeth being pulled. He came out with a mouth full of gauze with big eyes...held up two fingers and just shook his head. I had to hide my smile as the receptionist did behind the counter...
It took me a while to get this picture...he wasn't quick to take the gauze out of his mouth.
We thought once the tooth fairy came he would be good. This is the note he left the tooth fairy...

The story behind the note is he has literally LOST his first two teeth and had to leave only NOTES for the tooth fairy.(The first tooth he swallowed and the second was lost by his darling little sister AB!) We almost had the same thing happen today walking to lunch with Mark. We were walking along the sidewalk and both teeth came out of the treasure chest (I had asked him to put the treasure chest in his pocket.) We found both after being on our hands and knees..(I am sure people on the road wondered what we were doing!) The note was written- the first sentence out of his mouth in the morning, was "I guess the tooth fairy isn't rich anymore, she only left me three half dollars..." Hmmm...guess we need to speak to the tooth fairy!

No comments: