Learning how to...

Learning how to..."Be joyful always; pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Blessings

I just love Blessings by Laura Story. The words are comforting to me... I am not going through a storm right now (other than living with a very defiant 2 and a half year old), but I have been through hard times and I know hard times will be ahead of me. I know that the storms "grow me" so to speak...I just need to remember that in the midst of the storm!

I love the verse from Phillipians "He who started a good work in you will carry it to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (It was part of my devotion today.) Just a reminder that my Spirtual Journey should never be stagnant- I should always be searching for new wisdom in God's word every day! This verse is one I believe I should impress upon my children also. I read a quote by Stormie Omartian that has stuck with me If you are not covering your children in prayer every day, you are leaving their lives to chance. In this world, I do not want to leave their lives to chance- granted some days my prayers for them are longer than others, but I do want them to have an unshakeable foundation in this world! Scriptural Blessings that I have been praying...Assurance of Salvation (Jn 3:16), Friendships( Eccl. 4:9-12), Holy Spirit and Spiritual Gifts(Eph. 5:18).
Praying for Godly spouses for all three of them one day
Praying for blessings bigger than my greatest dreams for them! (Eph 3:17-20)
BLessings- life is full of them, even when we don't realize it...

What we've been up to...
Splash Pad fun at Walker's Birthday...Anna Britten wasn't thrilled at first because of sunscreen in her eyes!
Baseball swim party with a house full of boys, thunderstorm, and no electricity!
a little cake baking and batter eating...
Ice Cream at Mr. Gene's Beans
and any swimming we have time for:)

1 comment:

Camille said...

Love your words and have to tell you that Laura Story sang that song in the wedding we went to last weekend! I hadn't heard it before but loved it! Looking at dates but already told aaron a rendez-vous was happening! love you!