Learning how to...

Learning how to..."Be joyful always; pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Decision for Eternity

As a parent, my most important prayer for each of my children is that they will come to know Jesus as their Savior. One of my prayers has been answered this week... Blaine asked Jesus into his heart. Seeds have been planted and I have been praying for him to understand fully what it means to be a Christian. We talk a lot at night about the Bible and living like Jesus. During Bible school week, he brought up the ABC's of becoming a Christian. For Blaine, he needed to know the exact steps. He is a black and white personality- (a- Admit that we are sinners and have fallen short b- believe that Jesus died for our sins c-confess that He is Lord!)I could tell these ABC's had him thinking. One of the few nights we had been discusing it, I thought we was pondering over it, but really he was thinking about what he wanted to be for "celebrity" day at VBS. "Mom, I think I really want to be a famous cowboy tomorrow." I just decided to let the conversation go for the night. The abc's kept coming up though, we talked about them a little more...I told him that he would know the right time to make his decision and ask Jesus into his heart. Well, on our way to visit my parents this week...while sitting in the backseat of the van, he announces he just asked Jesus into his heart...( We had been listening to some praise music, but other than that there were no other distractions- I believe he needed a few minutes without his legos, DS, the pool, and friends to let everything "sink" in and this was his time:)When we got to my parents, we prayed the sinners prayer and I thanked God for His Faithfulness-
Mark,Blaine, and I met with our children's minister today, Kevin Nelson...I love the fact that Kevin has such a heart that Blaine UNDERSTAND everything about his decision. Kevin prayed with us, asked Blaine questions, and discussed Romans 3:23 (We all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory), John 3:16 (Jesus loves us SO much and died for our sins)...
Acts 3:19 (we must feel sorry we sin and want to change)...
Romans 6:23 (we will live in heaven with Jesus for eternity if we believe in Jesus and God raised Him from the dead)...
and must ask Jesus to come into our life and be our Lord... Romans 10:9-10
Blaine will be Baptized soon to share with others the decision he has made- I am counting my blessings tonight and continuing to pray that Blaine's life will be guided by this very important decision!
When I was tucking him in bed tonight he said, "Mommy, I can now take the Lord's Supper." So excited to be able to be His Sister in Christ!

3 comments:

Aaron said...

yay Kris! And Praise God! So excited for you and Blaine! love you!

Aaron said...

ok, that was camille. :)

Kris said...

Thanks Camille! We are thrilled!!