Learning how to...

Learning how to..."Be joyful always; pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Trip to the Big Apple

We have been busy with Vacation Bible School this week. It has been a great week- our theme for VBS this year is Big Apple Adventure and it is fab-u-lous!! I've been to New York City once when Drew was at West Point and did not have near enough time to see everything! I am going back one day and hope to take the girls (Blaine can go too if he wants)- not sure if I will get Mark back there! It may be a girls trip!
This is our sanctuary! It is so fun, bright, and busy. The kids are learning about when Jesus heals the servant of the Centurion during our Bible Lesson each day. It is a lesson about Faith. I LOVE the fact that the Centurion had so much FAITH that JESUS could HEAL his SERVANT without even seeing him...When I look at the kids, I see that kind of FAITH in some of them-I am amazed just like Jesus was with the Centurion in the story. FAITH comes from hearing the WORD and HEARING the WORD comes from the message of CHRIST.-Romans 10:17 We have had a great week so far-
We have had themes each day- zoo day, NYPD (New York Pajama Day), and tomorrow is celebrity day!

More to come...

1 comment:

smwagg said...

This was our VBS theme this year too! I wish MG was old enough to participate!! Hopefully next year she can!